I’ve got a sweet tooth and I’m not afraid to admit it. You can still eat healthy AND have ‘your cake’ too 😉 Y’all know I love my chocolate. I love desserts that are natural, unprocessed, and guilt-free.
These brownies are super fudgy, sweetened with dates, and delicious enough for any sweet tooth. They are paleo, grain free, dairy free, and sugar free. Go home and make them right now and let me know what you think! You probably have most of the ingredients already.
As always, if you make these, please share on Instagram with the hashtag #fnfrecipes. I’d love to see what you make!
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
What you’ll need:
- 6 Tbsps organic, raw cacao (or any cocoa you have)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (I used Bob’s Red Mill from Whole Foods bulk section)
- about 1/4 cup unfitted, organic dates from Whole Foods bulk section (about 7-8)
- pinch of pink salt
- splash of coconut water, probably about 1/8-1/4 cup depending on how thick you want it
What you’ll need to do:
- Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix.
- Blend together until smooth. There may be a few “date chunks.” If you want it smoother keep blending (might have to add a tad more liquid).
- Use a spatula to transfer batter to a lightly oiled 8X8 baking dish.
- Batter will be thick and fudgy- keep working with it!
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Knife will probably not come out clean- that’s ok! Allow to sit and cool for atlas 10-15 minutes.
- Cut brownies and enjoy
**Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any 😉 )