If you are like me, you like bread. But many breads these days are filled with processed ingredients that have no nutritional value and are causing intestinal aggravation/inflammation.
We need something that makes us feel good and nourished…..
Cue homemade Paleo Almond Bread!
This recipe is full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein!
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup almond butter (I used the fresh ground from Whole Foods)
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp honey (I use Nature Nate’s 100% pure raw honey)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 3 Tbsp almond (or coconut) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar. Mix together with hand or stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine flax, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a lightly oiled load pan.
- Bake for 34-36 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
If you are paleo or grain free this is a great recipe for you! Made with almond/coconut flour, coconut oil, and almond butter. Top with almond butter & banana, coconut butter, or my personal favorite mashed avocado and cracked red pepper.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think 🙂