These cookies the BEST you will ever taste. They are paleo, gluten free, & grain free.
Y’all when I say these are the BEST chocolate chip cookies you will ever eat I’m not lyin’. They are so moist, flavorful, & delicious. My husband (who is the dessert critic and a chocolate chip cookie fanatic 😉 ) said, “I am not ever eating Nestle Tollhouse again. These are better and my body digest them better and they’re good for me!”
WHAT?! I have totally rubbed off on him!! But he’s right. These cookies are filled with ingredients that our bodies NEED and CRAVE. They give us healthy energy while satisfying that sweet tooth. After a few recipes tests and trying them out on friends and family we have our best recipe and we’re ready to share with you!!
I mean look at that chocolatey goodness!!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups almond flour (we use Bob’s Red Mill from Whole Foods)
- 2 Tbsp unrefined, organic, virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp honey (we use Nature Nate’s 100% pure, raw honey)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 egg
**Substitute organic coconut sugar (I get mine at Trader Joe’s) 1:1 for honey. We love the taste and texture it gives!!
What you’ll need to do:
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large bowl.
- Stir until well combined and a wet dough is formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips or chunks.
- Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes. They will still seem doughy, but will continue to cook while cooling. We like ours softer, if you prefer a different texture continue cooking to your desired doneness.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Yields 8-10 (depending on size)
Since these are made with real, healthy ingredients I like to refuel from a long run every now and then with a nice warm cookie 😉 I’m getting my healthy fats, carbs, and protein (from almond meal).