If you buy granola often you know how expensive it can be, especially natural, healthy granola. And how quickly a bag can disappear. So why not make it at home?! At least every so often! I tried out rachlmansfield’s new Stove Top Granola recipe. It is so so simple, I already had all of the ingredients, and I feel good knowing that it is healthy.
I tweaked the recipe just a tad to fit my needs and what I currently had. Below you’ll find the recipe I used.
PS- if you haven’t checked out Rachel’s blog before you must!! I love her and her recipes are always so great!
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 Tbsp pure, raw honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup gluten free oats (or your choice of oat mixture)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4-1/3 cup cranberries (I get mine from the bulk section at Whole Foods. They are sweetened with apple juice.)
What you’ll need to do:
- Place almond butter, coconut oil, and honey in a medium sauce pan or skillet.
- Melt ingredients over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Combine chia seeds, oats, and cranberries in a medium bowl.
- Once wet ingredients are completely melted, add oat mixture.
- Turn heat to medium-low and continuing mixing all ingredients together.
- Let granola cook for 10-15 minutes, covered, on stove top until golden brown.
- Turn off heat and remove from heat. Let granola cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cool enjoy over your favorite smoothie bowl, topped on yogurt, or in your favorite almond milk!
My favorite way to enjoy mine? On a smoothie bowl, of course!