Homemade, Chemical Free Dusting Spray
I have done some research recently and have learned how terrible most store-bought cleaners are for you. Not too mention how expensive it can be when you really add it up. This homemade, nontoxic dusting spray uses essential oils and 2 easy ingredients making it a quick and easy go to cleaner. I use this to dust, but also to disinfect small areas (the essential oil and vinegar are a disinfecting agent). I don’t use this on the counters or super dirty surfaces- I have another cleaner for that which I will share in the near future 🙂
What you’ll need:
- about 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup organic vinegar (this helps cut through grease and grim and disinfects)
- 2 tsp olive oil (shines and protects)
- 10-15 drops lemon (or orange) essential oils (I use Better Essentials, they are top quality for whole sale prices!)
What you’ll need to do:
- Combine all ingredients in spray bottle.
- Ingredients will separate, just shake to mix them together.
It’s that easy! I got this little spray bottle at The Container Store- you can find it here. It was in the travel section for $2. Ultimately, I would like to upgrade to glass or stainless steel bottles, but they are expensive so I am searching and saving for them.
It is all a process and a lifestyle, don’t get too overwhelmed about detoxifying your home. Take it one step at a time. It has taken me a couple of years to do research, purchase what we need, trash what we don’t need, and I’m still working on it!