I hate to waste food, especially bananas. Instead of throwing extremely ripe bananas away I either freeze them. I have frozen bananas in the freezer constantly so if I already have enough then Banana Bread it is!!
I tried this recipe out recently and my husband said it was his favorite ever. He said not to change a thing and requests these almost weekly. They are the perfect texture, dense, soft, and just the right sweetness. And a plus- they are full of healthy fats and fiber!
What you’ll need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
- 1 tsp raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond meal (I always use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all wet ingredients in small bowl (first 5 ingredients listed)
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour into lightly oiled muffin tin- I use natural stoneware from Haeger. You can find the one I have here.
- Bake at 375 for 13-17 minutes. I usually err on the 13-14 minutes side because we like ours ‘doughier.’