I remember growing up making no-bake chocolate cookies with mom. They were one of my very favorite things for us to make. Mostly because they were delicious, but also because they were simple, she let me eat the batter because it didn’t have raw eggs, and they were ready pretty quickly.
These days I would never eat those. I’ve trained my body to crave healthy, good-for-you desserts. This is one of my favorite, simple recipes that everyone loves. Make these and take them to your next get together!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp honey (you can increase up to 1/2 cup for your desired sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I like EnjoyLife chocolate chips. These can be found at Sprouts or Whole Foods.)
- 2 Tbsp raw, organic cacao powder
- 2 cups gluten free oats
What you’ll need to do:
- Melt first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat, stir continuously.
- Add cacao powder, mix well.
- Stir in oats and mix until well coated.
- Form into small 1 Tbsp size balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet or aluminum foil and allow to cool.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.