Did you ever eat that sugary, terrible-for-you, why would any parent allow their child to eat that, probably to get them to shut up, Cocoa Puffs?
Well we’ve got something you can eat and not feel guilty!! Not only will you not feel guilty, but this chocolate granola is full of superfoods that are actually good for you and nourishing your body. Seriously guys, when eaten with almond milk, this stuff tastes like a cocoa puff cereal.
My belief is that we should eat for nourishment. So everything we eat should be something that is giving our bodies a health benefit. Does that mean it can’t taste good or be delicious? No way! This recipe is the perfect example. Just try it and you won’t regret it!!
What you’ll need:
- 3 Tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
**You can also omit the honey add a 1/4 cup chocolate chips instead of cocoa. This give it a little bit more of a chocolatey taste.
What you’ll need to do:
- In a medium saucepan, melt almond butter and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add honey and stir until well combined.
- Add cocoa powder, chia, and ground flax, stirring constantly until a sauce is made.
- Quickly stir in oats until evenly coated.
- Allow to cool.
- Top on your favorite smoothie or eat plain with some almond milk.