Chocolate Cashew Butter Mug Cake
We are kind of on a mug cake kick when we need a sweet fix. They’re so quick, we usually have all the ingredients, and you can make them super healthy with good-for-you ingredients. This recipe is so super quick and easy, not to mention DELICIOUS!! My husband actually told me this was the best I had ever made.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill almond meal
- 1-2 Tbsp cacao powder (I use 1, depends on how chocolatey you want it.)
- 1/2-1 Tbsp Wedderspoon’s Manuka honey, depending on how sweet you would like it- if you have tried Manuka honey you should. It is different from any other honey I have had, has a distinct flavor, and is 100% raw/ non GMO.
- 1 egg
- 1 spoonful of cashew butter (or your nut butter of choice. I am just loving Sprout’s cashew butter right now!)
- optional: a few dashes of cinnamon
What you’ll need to do:
- Place all ingredients (except nut butter) together in a microwavable mug.
- Stir ingredients together until well mixed.
- Drop nut butter into batter.
- Lightly stir in nut butter.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Dump mug cake out on a small plate and enjoy!
The nut butter should be in the middle, making a nice ‘filling’ in the cake. Drizzle with more honey on top.