Recently we found a little cafe/grocery that we have started getting local, organic produce and eggs from. We love supporting local farmers when we can. We also love knowing where how food is coming from. (Doesn’t mean we don’t still shop at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s some for conscience sake though 😉 )
If you are in the Grenville area you must check out Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery! We hope to make it a weekly routine to go and get a few items. This past weekend we went and came back with some delicious goods!
With our goods my husband made the BEST frittata I’ve ever had. I kid you not, the house smelled amazing for days. And it made enough for both of us for 2 meals each!
You’ve GOT to try this out!
What you’ll need:
-6 pasture raised eggs
-1 purple sweet potato, chopped
-1 Japanese sweet potato, chopped
-1 shallot, chopped
-2-3 organic collard leaves, de-stemed and chopped
-1 organic tomato
–Kite Hill almond milk Ricotta cheese
-pink salt, black pepper to taste
What you’ll need to do:
- Sauté collards, sweet potatoes, shallot, and mushrooms together in avocado or olive oil (we used our Lodge cast iron skillet)
- Add spices and let cook until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Crack eggs in separate dish and scramble together.
- Add eggs to veggie mix.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and Kite Hill cheese crumbles.
- Transfer to preheated oven (350 degrees). Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Yields: 6 slices